Gary Lee Obituary, Death – Unexpectedly on Sunday evening, November 26, 2023, at Memorial Hospital of Union County, passed away Gary James Lee, 76, a lifelong farmer and public servant from Marysville. Kathryn E. (Rupprecht) Lee and the late Leo Lutrelle had a son named Gary on January 7, 1947, in Columbus, Ohio. He was bestowed the American FFA Degree upon graduating from Marysville High School in 1965.
- Ann C. Fromert Obiuary, Resident Of Madison Township, Has Passed Away – Death – The world obits
- Columbus Ohio Resident Died After A Tragic Crash – The world obits
- Sandra Guest Obituary, Resident Of City of Bradford Has Passed Away – Death – The world obits
- Caleb Almbos Obituary, Palos Hills IL,Trinity Christian College Student Has Died – The world obits
- Rev. Madeline Flores-López Obituary, Puerto Rico, American Baptist Churches Of Ohio Mourns A Longtime Global Servant Of International Ministries – Death
He went on to earn a Bachelor of Science degree in Agricultural Economics from Ohio State University in 1969. He was a member of the Ohio National Guard at this period. He married his soulmate, the former Marcia E. Rausch, a year later on February 14, 1970. They were married for 53 joyful years, during which they were parents, community members, and husbands and wives in Union County. Gary was very committed to doing his part for the community, and he generously gave his time to numerous groups and causes on a regional, state, and national level.
Serving as a volunteer firefighter for the Marysville Fire Department for over ten years, he was also one of the original members of the Union County Foundation. He served for nearly fourteen years on the Union County Board of Elections and was a staunch Republican hailing from Union County. He presided over the Republican Central Committee for a long time at the county level.
He served with honor as commissioner for Union County for sixteen years, was a member of the NACoC, and had previously served as president of the Ohio County Commissioner Association. For a long time, Gary’s love of sports—particularly the Ohio State Buckeyes—led him to officiate high school basketball games in Ohio. His frequent visits to St. John’s Lutheran Church with Marcia attest to his piety as a man of faith.