Roy Thompson Obituary, Death – Roy Edward Thompson, Jr. left this world on June 2, 2023, in Longmont, Colorado, after a long battle with Alzheimer’s disease. He was born on March 24, 1944, in Boston, and he spent his childhood in both Massachusetts and Maine. They referred to him as their son, Roy Edward Thompson and Ruth Ernestine Pearce Thompson. He received his early education in a one-room schoolhouse in Douglas Hill, Maine.
- Damon Phillips Obituary, Camrose Alberta Blessed Memory Of Damon Phillips – Death – The world obits
- Edward Cox Obituary, Resident Of Philadelphia, PA, In Loving Memory Of Edward Cox – The world obits
- Sue Bielenberg Obituary, Resident Of Los Angeles, California Has Passed Away – Death – The world obits
- J.J. Jonathan Spradley Obituary, J.J. Jonathan Spradley Has Sadly Passed Away – Death – The world obits
- Colin Williams Obituary, Has Sadly Passed Away Following His Illness – Death – The world obits
He went on to earn diplomas from Yale University in 1967 and New Jersey’s Lawrenceville School in 1963. During the Vietnam War, he was an engineering officer on board the destroyer USS Charles H. Rohn. The Mediterranean was his assigned region. After serving his country, Roy went on to earn a law degree from Boston College Law School. The man who would become his wife was reconnected with his former coworker at the Narragansett Hotel, Pamela Sibley.
Following their 1972 nuptials, the happy couple moved to Houlton, Maine, where Roy became a partner at the law firm of Forrest Barnes. Forest became a lifelong friend to Roy, and Roy was lucky to have him as a guide. He was an active member of the Kennebunkport community while he was a resident, holding positions such as Zoning Board of Appeals, Lawrenceville School recruiter, and volunteer with a local theater group.
Roy defended design professionals, including architects, engineers, and surveyors, against claims of negligence in over 40 years of substantial trial work in federal and state courts. His cases were heard in federal and state courts nationwide, and he was also involved in litigation in Europe and the US. People looked up to Roy because of how knowledgeable he was in construction law.